Sunday, April 22, 2007

new trend...

This seems to be a recurring trend: I have very little knitting progress to report. This time the reason is this:
Meet Suzy, our newest family member! She's a 6-week-old beagle, and about the cutest thing you'll ever see! Knitting time has been limited, and the most I've gotten done is half a sock and some swatching from the Japanese knitting books. Also, summer has finally arrived (we basically skipped spring this year), and the warm weather is not very inspiring, when it comes to knitting. Not that I would ever quit, but I might slow down a little. In fact, I think my family will appreciate that...

Liz asked, if the books are in Japanese -yes, they are, and no, I don't know Japanese, but I like a good challenge. ;) I don't think I'll try to learn Japanese just to read the patterns, but everything is fortunately charted down to a very close detail, so I should be able to figure them out. And what I can't figure out, I might just have to make up.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh My God - Suzy is so freaking cute.

Anonymous said...

OK, that's just too cute... are her ears as soft as they look? Thanks for the Japanese book question/answer, now I know there is a reason I have been afraid of those books....

Anonymous said...

Voi ei! Ja onneksi olkoon. En tiedä, pitäisikö itkeä vai nauraa. Joka tapauksessa Samko (vuh!) lähettää rääpäleelle terveisiä. Onhan se lutuinen... Tuletkos silmikselle vappuna ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new baby - she is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Voi miten lutunen pikku beaglenpentu! Tulet pian huomaamaan, että myös koiranpennut rakastavat lankakerien pureskelemista ja sotkemista...

Tsemppiä koko perheelle pikku tuholaisen kanssa, sillä lähikuukausina on odotettavissa monta hermoja raastelevaa episodia. Mutta toisaalta, saatte myös iloita ja nauraa Suzyn tempauksille monen monta kertaa.

Madame Purl said...

What a cutie pie.

Wendy said...

There was a neighborhood beagle who routinely tore my pants at the cuffs with her teeth. This was just her thing. I only had three pair, so after the third was torn, I wasn't allowed to my friend's house until I learned to roll up my pants.

She is so cute.

Castielawasg said...

Love thiss