Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blue cardi progress

I decided to knit the sleeves both at the same time to avoid forgetting what the heck I did with the first one, when I finally start the second one. That is not to say that I'm not writing stuff down -I am, but it's still so much easier if you don't have to try to figure out what it was that you were thinking. My notes tend to be quite scarce, if you know what I mean. Anyway, here's the sleeves that I just started:
I also knit the back and the front together:

I apologize for the lack of blocking -I could have gotten much better pictures, had I blocked the pieces. I'm quite satisfied with the results so far, but I have one little problem... It's barely visible in the front and back pictures: one of the balls of yarn is from a different dye lot. I knew this before hand, but when I tried to figure out which one it was the other day, I just couldn't see it for the life of me. It seems that in some light the difference is not visible, but in some it is. If this wasn't going to be a cardi for a 2-year-old, it would bug the living daylights out of me, but as it is right now, I don't think it really matters. And who knows what a couple of washes might do. I've been also thinking about a very mild dye bath, but I'm not sure if I'll go quite that far. Depends on how it behaves in the wash, I guess.

3 comments:

beadlizard said...

I really like the diamond!--Sylvia

Maud said...

Beautiful! I don't think the dye lot difference will be an issue when the sweater is reday and on the 2-yo. Dyeing might or migt not help, it can also make the difference worse. I wouldn't personally go for it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.