Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The wavy sock

I've been very happy with this sock pattern so far. The fabric is just stretchy enough that it hugs the leg nicely (I know I said earlier that it wasn't very stretchy -well, compared to rib it isn't, but it's much stretchier than stockinette). Here's a picture of the finished sock, and you can really see how the stitch pattern pulls in:
And again on my foot (yes, I know, I've got my feet on the table...)
I really wish you could see the greenish hues of the yarn better, but I guess it's not going to hapen, because I've tried photographing them in all kinds of different light, and it's just not showing in the pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it, that these socks aren't all blue!

I've already started the second one to avoid the SSS (second sock syndrome), and I'm past the heel, so they should be finished by the end of the week. I'm also getting very used to knitting with the circular needle. I'm not saying that I'll ditch the double pointeds alltogether -yet. But I'm thinking about it.

1 comment:

inukshuk71 said...

Your socks are exquisite. Really very beautiful.