Friday, May 05, 2006

Tiger socks

Ok, so the yarn may not have turned out exactly tiger color, but I still like it, and I think so does the recipient. The dark stripes are a mossy green color. Again, very hard colors to photograph, they are a much warmer than in this picture.

I am knitting these toe up, contrary to how I usually like to knit my socks, and how I learned to do it a long time ago. I'm a big fan of the heel flap, partly maybe because that's what I am most familiar with, and partly because of its "enforceability", and I wanted
to figure out a way to do a heel flap toe up. So basically do it in a reverse order. Here it is in progress:

Also, J. wanted the socks to be only ankle high, which made them a very quick knit. I did a short ribbed cuff, and I like how sharp the twisted stich k1, p1 looks when it continues directly from the enforced heel flap. My plan is to write this pattern out and add it here later. I like very much how that heel flap turned out, and an added bonus for doing it this way, there is no picking up stiches!

3 comments:

beadlizard said...

Perfect heel flap! Lovely work. --Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Tiger Camo! Great little socks. I knit toe up all the time and love it, two at a time on circs.

Anonymous said...

Cute ankle socks, perfect for spring!