Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fans

It has been one of those amazingly beautiful South Dakota spring days, sunny, warm and not to windy (doesn't happen too often here). DH has spent the weekend working on building planting beds for me in the back yard, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I went to a garden center with one of our boys, and we bought two apple trees and some other greenery. We'll be planting soon! I can't wait! Here's a close up of one of the goose berries that I got in the ground last fall:


Now the house is all quiet, the kids are already in bed. We have all the windows open in the house, and I'm sitting on the couch knitting and listening to the frogs croaking in the pond. I can't imagine anything more relaxing. :)

I got to the part in H. H. where I need to start the fan pattern. I wanted to check the size at this point, so I had to move part of the stiches onto another circular. And fiddle some other WIP's onto other needles...

She measures 50 cm down the center right now, and I figured the fan pattern would add about 12 cm (about 1/4 of the currently finished rows), which would be right on with the instructions, because the finished measurement down the center is supposed to be 62 cm. So I'm going to quit worrying about the size and just keep on going. Here's another detail of the diamond pattern (and the yellow towel for your enjoyment;)

No comments: