Monday, March 13, 2006

Let's talk about some knitting...

I'm so excited to share some of my recent knitting projects with all of you. I really enjoy knitting hats, socks and mittens, since they are such quick projects and usually get used a lot. And with 4 kids between myself and my husband, there is plenty of knitting in just those items. I also like it that you can get a little goofy and creative with small items like that, especially when knitting for the kids. Other recent items include two pairs of socks for myself and one on the needles (Jaywalkers, of course -I will come back to those in a later post), a Clapotis, some wrist warmers, and a sweater that I'm still working on.

I've knitted some squares for an afghan project (web site in Finnish),

and decided that from now on, after every time I finish something for myself, I will knit something for a charity. Perfect way to use up left over yarn, and will hopefully brighten someone else's day later on. I know there are several of these similar kinds of afghan projects going on here in the US, too, but I was asked by my friends in Finland to take part in this one. We are having a square knitalong of sorts. :)

I will come back later to add the pictures, blogspot appears to be having a problem with that right now...